Sunday, January 10, 2016

10 Minute DIY Sugar Scrub

I don't know about you, but in my house a sugar scrub is a must have. You only need 3 ingredients and 10 minutes to make an easy and refreshing sugar scrub.

Ingredients: 
Coconut Oil
Sugar of your choice: Refined White, Brown Sugar or Raw Sugar
Essential Oil you want the smell or benefits from.

I used Refined White Sugar and a few tablespoons of Raw Sugar, because that was what I had available. My mother-in-law gave me NOW's Cheer Up Buttercup essential oil blend. I used it to make my scrub and afterwards it smelled like a cookie. I think it will be refreshing and delicious ;)
My favorite essential oil combination for scrub is peppermint and lavender. It's supposed to be good to relieve stress but also wake you up. Peppermint and Lavender are also good for allergies. Peppermint helps on days when you are congested.

Step 1: 
Heat up Coconut Oil
I started with 1/4 cup of coconut oil and microwaved it for 30 seconds. I didn't want to melt it, just to soften it so that it would mix up a little easier at first.

Step 2: 
Add sugar and essential oil.
I start with 2 tablespoons raw, 3 tablespoons white sugar and 15 drops of essential oil. I mix that until thoroughly blended. Then I continue to add white sugar until I get the right texture. I know I am done when I grab a little bit of scrub and it feels like wet sand. I personally like a little bit of raw sugar to add a thicker grain and color to the scrub; but not too much. 

Step 3: 
Scoop into a container. 
I use a a rubber spatula so that I can get ALL of the scrub into the container. I put this scrub into an old Yum sauce jar. I used lemon essential oil to get the original label off. Just use a few drops and then it rubs right off! 

ET VOILA!! The finished product! Perfect for dry winter skin!!


No comments:

Post a Comment