Sunday, October 25, 2015

Content and Language Objectives

My first year of teaching, I went through a one-day SIOP training (Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol). I really felt like one day was not enough time to understand and apply all the information. This year, our training is on 3 different days. I am also taking the class for college credit, so I have homework to do in between classes.

I have really enjoyed my time in class! I teach in small groups and usually have 8 groups that I teach each day. My assistant also has 8 groups. So posting Content Objectives and Language Objectives can be somewhat overwhelming. We use Corrective Reading for a lot of our reading groups. So I am going through the Scope and Sequence of the curriculum and creating posters of Objectives that go with a series of lessons in each curriculum. When I am finished with them, I am hoping to post them on TeachersPayTeachers as a new product. My plan is to laminate sheets with the Content and Language Objectives on them and post them on the wall. When more than one group is working on the same skill, I will use a post-it to mark who is working on that skill that day.

As a side-note, I caught a cold from my husband. He works at the hospital as a phlebotomist and I work at a school. So between the two of us, A LOT of germs are coming home. It totally knocked me on my butt! I spent 2 weeks totally miserable!! It was a virus that was going around, so there was not much a doctor could help with. I have been using a lot of essential oils lately. I am trying them out to see how they help me stay healthy and deal with stress. So far, I LOVE using peppermint on my chest or neck. It usually helps my sinuses clear out. It's also supposed to promote focus. I find that I usually feel awake when I use it in the morning and I am more productive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment