Sunday, August 30, 2015

Crochet Agave

 I finally finished this beautiful creation!


I first learned how to crochet with my grandma and my great grandma. I have always enjoyed whipping out a scarf or a hat. Lately I have been trying more complicated and interesting projects. 

I found the pattern for this Awesome Agave on Ravelry.com. Click here for the free pattern. 
It took me a long time to make all of the leaves, but I have to say that I absolutely love the end result. This planter used to hold LIVING succulents. The succulents met an untimely end, but I still wanted to use the planter. I normally make crochet dirt, but for this one I just used the dirt that was already in the planter. Having crochet plants as house decorations is great! People don't realize they are fake at first, but when they do I always get compliments!

The greatest part: nothing to water, so nothing ever dies!


I hope you feel encouraged to tackle a fun project today!

No comments:

Post a Comment